22 New Year's Resolution Ideas You Should Try
- Women Specific
- By InLife Sheroes
- Jan 01, 2022
- 0 Comments
22 totally doable new year's resolutions that will change your life
The new year is a great time to pick up new habits and come up with new year’s resolutions. While majority of the people may find it difficult to see their resolutions through till the end of the year, sticking to one is not impossible! The key is to do small, manageable habits that you can commit to doing, instead of focusing on several big projects.
Here are 22 new year’s resolutions that are easy to keep.
1. Eat better. Add more vegetables to your meals (think about eating all colors of the rainbow like red for tomatoes and yellow for bananas) and try to eat less processed food.
2. Lessen your sugar and alcohol intake. You’ll be surprised by what a huge difference this can make!
3. Try new things. You don't have to go skydiving but do something that will make you think about trying something new. Make a list and try to do one thing from it each week. You can try cooking a new dish each week or picking up a new sport or activity like jump roping.
4. Go for a walk after work. This is an easy way to get exercise and not feel like you're doing much, because you can just go around your neighborhood and not have to go too far. Just remember to practice social distancing ang wear your mask all the time.
5. Make a workout plan. If you already have one, try to stick with it. If you don't have one yet, now is the time to start. Make sure you are pushing yourself and exerting effort so you can see results!
6. Keep track of how often you go to the gym and how many minutes you were active.
7. Keep track of what you're eating as well! Keeping a food diary can help if you're trying not to eat unhealthy foods, because it can be a great way to keep yourself accountable.
8. Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day to stay healthy and hydrated.
9. Try to sleep 8 hours a day. This improves both your physical and mental health.
10. Keep your goals manageable. Instead of saying “I want to lose 20 lbs. this year,” focus on making more manageable milestones, such as losing 2-3 lbs. every month. This helps you stay motivated as you’re more likely to hit small goals sooner.
11. Relax. Don't stress yourself out too much about achieving your goals; go for realistic ones and make sure you enjoy yourself while doing it!
12. Meditate for a few minutes each day. You can try guided meditations online or just do things in a meditative way like being 100% focused on the activity you are currently doing like washing the dishes.
13. Set up reminders on your phone or calendar to keep you on track. It will help you to remember what it is that you should be doing for the day, and if you have a reminder set up then there's no excuse not to do it.
14. Stick with it! Don't get frustrated if your goals are taking a while to come true; chances are they won't come true overnight. Keep working at it and you'll find yourself becoming healthier, happier, and learning more about your body.
15. Reward yourself. As a reward for achieving a certain goal, you can buy something nice that you've been wanting, or maybe even take a break from your workout for the day. Don't push yourself too hard though – it's important to have fun and enjoy life!
16. Unplug and stay off any electronics at least one hour before going to bed.
17. Use less plastic. The future generation will thank you for it.
18. Bring your own reusable water bottle or insulated tumbler with your wherever you go.
19. Invest in insurance – whether that’s health insurance, life insurance, or a combination of the two.
20. Do a breast self-exam at least once a week.
21. Take time each day to talk to yourself in a positive light.
22. Stop worrying about the future and focus on the things that are in your control.
Whether you choose to do all of them or decide to focus on one is entirely up to you. What’s important is you make small changes that your future self will be proud of!
Post A Comment
AUTHOR BIO Your friendly neighborhood Shero.