Women Today: Innovators & Agents Of The Future
I was happy to take part in an international women’s event on November 12, 2019 dubbed as Women Today: Innovators and Agents of the Future. It was a whole day event jam-packed with important discussions about women - where we are today, our challenges, triumphs, our contribution to society and our strides in narrowing the gender gap when it comes to pay, roles played in society, and many more.
The event was spearheaded by Philippine Star in cooperation with Insular Life and other sponsor-companies.
When I say jam-packed, I mean this jam-packed. Take a look at the list of speakers below:
- Anna Belova - Chairman of the Board &Dean, JSC Russian Venture Company
- Nina Aguas - Executive Chairman, Insular Life
- Armi Lopez Garcia - Honorary Consul, Russian Federation in the Republic of the Philippines
- Jane Jimenez Basas - President &CEO, Cignal TV and TV5 Network
- Issa Guevarra-Cabreira - Managing Partner, 917 Ventures
- Mr. Rene Gener - Executive Director, People Management Association of the Philippines
- Maria Yolanda C. Crisanto - SVP Corporate Communications &Chief Sustainability Officer
- Margie Moran-Floirendo - Chairperson, Cultural Center of the Philippines
- Merlee Cruz-Jayme - “Chairmom” & CEO, Dentsu Jayme Syfu
- Lisa Macuja-Elizalde - Artistic Director, Ballet Manila
- Vicki Belo - CEO & Medical Director, Belo Group
- Tim Yap – Eventologist
- Hon. Grace Poe - Senator, Republic of the Philippines
- Gianna Montinola - Founder and President, Hands on Manila, Inc.
- Joy Belmonte - Mayor, Quezon City
- Isko Moreno - Mayor, City of Manila
- Lucy Torres-Gomez - Representative, 4th District of Leyte
- Larisa Inozemtseva Scientist &Former Top Manager
- Millet Mananquil - Lifestyle Editor, The Philippine STAR
- Richard Gomez - Mayor, City of Ormoc
- Jeannie Javelosa - Co-Founder, Great Women Org Phils.
- Rissa Mananquil - Founder, Happy Skin
- Myrna Yao - President, Richprime Global
- Lissy Ann Puno - MA – Psychologist, International Author
- RJ Ledesma - Co-Founder, Mercato Centrale Philippines
For today’s article, I will let this video clip of some of the highlights speak for itself. It’s a great time for Filipinas, and women in general to take a more active role in shaping our society. Cheers to women leadership!
Original article posted on PhilStar.com
Rose Fres Fausto is FQ Mom (FQ stands for Financial Intelligence Quotient). She was an investment banker turned full-time homemaker and now a writer and speaker on money and family. She’s a Gallup Certified Strengths Coach and Behavioral Economist, having trained under Dan Ariely, the Father of B.E. Richard Thaler, and recently completed a B.E. course at the Harvard Business School. She wrote bestsellers Raising Pinoy Boys, The Retelling of The Richest Man in Babylon (English and Filipino versions), FQ: The nth Intelligence. She has a weekly column in PhilStar.com and regularly contributes to other magazines.
Post A Comment