InLife Recognized by UN Women and IFC for Supporting Women During COVID-19
The International Finance Corporation (IFC) and UN Women have partnered to report on a number of companies and organizations around the world that are taking action to address how the COVID-19 pandemic continues to widen global gender gaps.
Among those mentioned to have responded to the crisis and worked to ensure the economic inclusion and social well-being of their employees, customers, and suppliers, as well as local communities, is Insular Life (InLife).
Read about the efforts of InLife, its HMO subsidiary InLife Health Care, and its shared women’s movement in InLife Sheroes, to ensure equal access to financial services on page 15 of this report: Bridging the Gap: Emerging Private Sector Response and Recovery Measures for Gender Equality amid COVID-19
It is structured according to six areas of action or pillars:
- Well-being and mental health
- Flexibility and family-friendly policies
- Equal access and use of digital technologies and platforms<
- Equal access to financial and non-financial services
- Inclusive supply chains and support for women-led businesses
- Addressing and preventing gender-based violence
Each thematic pillar provides a short introduction, examples of what companies are doing to further progress, and practices and takeaways that other companies can apply.